Segment Two is the "next step" for new Michigan teen drivers after they complete Segment One.. This Course is required before the teen driver is permitted to complete a Road Test and ultimately obtain a Level Two Drivers License.
We generally offer Segment Two classes monthly.
Requirements to attend Segment Two:
- Students must have already completed Segment One and have obtained a Level One License from the Michigan Secretary of State.
- Must have held the level one license for not less that 90 days.
- Completed at least 30 driving hours practice driving with a licensed parent/guardian. Note* the driving log must be shown to the class instructor for verification. (bring it to the class)
Note* students must pass a multiple choice test with a score of at least 70% in order to obtain a certificate of completion from the driving School. (state rule)
- Student Driver Assessment.
- Traffic Law Review.
- Driving Distractions/Cell Phone Laws.
- Car Crash Dynamics/Laws of Motion ie: Kinetic Energy, Inertia, Gravity, ect...
- Michigan Teen Crashes Statistics.
- Drunk Driving / O.W.I Laws
- Driving in Adverse Conditions review.
- Road Testing Procedures.
- Common Mistakes that contribute to teen crashes.
- Final Review.
- Pass a multiple-choice test with a grade of at least 70% (State Requirement)
REGISTERING TO ATTEND DOES NOT REQUIRE A CREDIT CARD.